What I Do
My personal hobbies cover a very wide variety of topics, but for the sake of brevity I am limitting the hobbies I post about on this web-site to the following:
- Programming - anything from C to Java to PHP, my specific area of interest is any sort of data warehousing or creating systems to help people organize their information.
- Server Administration - I like to tinker and I like to learn about security. These two subjects come together the best in web server design and administration. My preferred platform is Linux or FreeBSD.
- Electronics / Gadgetry - as said before, I love to tinker. This urge to modify expands into the electronics field and I like to design, build and modify anything electronic from audio amplifiers to NICs.
- Poetry - I believe it is important to have varied interests, so I make sure I keep hobbies that (for the most part) do not involve computers; poetry is the one you are most likely to see reflected in this site.
- Cars - I have a mildly peculiar taste in cars. I prefer older American cars to any others mostly for the fact that I can tinker with them as well. When it comes to newer cars and imports it is much more difficult for me to modify them or fool with the inner workings because they have gotten so much more complex. I like performance, mileage and reliability as well as anything that is creative and unique.
My hope for this site is to have it reflect the projects that I get involved in. Hopefully it will also help to keep me motivated to actually document the processes I go through during each project and just maybe it will help somebody else out there who is working on a similar idea.